For quite some time now, I have been using the naming conventions that we made while I was working at EA. Since we carried some of the C++ standards over, method names and getter/setters began with uppercase letters. I was also naming interfaces with ‘_I’ on the end instead of starting with an ‘I’ because it kept them in alphabetical order.
Well tonight, I decided it was time to refactor my entire AS3 library to adhere to the normal AS standards. Method names and getter/setters now begin with lowercase letters and interface names begin with an ‘I’. Four hours and two monster energy drinks later, version 2.1 is ready to go. I also fixed a minor bug and made a few other small changes while I was at it. It’s all detailed in the change log, so make sure and have a quick look at that before creating some baller animations.
I apologize to everyone who just downloaded version 2.0 and started integrating it into projects. It shouldn’t take long at all to migrate over to this latest version. It is definitely worth it in the long run.
The original post has been updated as well. Since this was quite a massive update, if you come across any bugs or mistakes in the documentation, please let me know.
Thanks and enjoy!12 comments